SHARON McCORMICK DESIGN is an East Coast interior design firm based in Connecticut, widely recognized for creating elegant, comfortable homes which live as beautifully as they look. Home is a retreat where family memories are made, as well as a gracious setting to welcome friends and business associates. Each custom design is the personal signature of everything our clients are and everything they aspire to be. Our portfolio reflects our clients’ individual design styles, from contemporary to traditional, from relaxed to formal.
Our talented team has designed residences and vacation homes for clients in Connecticut, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, Washington D.C., Virginia, and Florida. Sharon is able to assemble first-class teams of architects and builders along the East Coast due to her collaborative nature and vast network of industry relationships. When we’re not on site, we go where you go via technology. We facilitate the design process through video conferencing, screen sharing, 3-D renderings, and 24/7 internet project access.
Our clients value the depth of our expertise, maximizing their limited free time while preventing expensive mistakes and the headaches of project management. Sharon is intimately involved in each project, guiding her clients to make thoughtful choices, regardless of the size or complexity of the space. Clients receive a well-considered balance of aesthetics, practicality, and investment. We pride ourselves on our creativity and problem-solving skills. Sharon continually asks “What if?”. She believes that nothing is impossible in order to make her clients’ dreams come true.
Sharon is an accomplished, forward-thinking business person with an entrepreneurial spirit, quick to laugh, candid, casual, and confident. Her organizational, budgeting, and strategic planning skills were honed during her prior career as a fast-track CPA at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, and later as a CFO. She is a fierce advocate for her clients, able to firmly stand her ground on their behalf when the circumstances warrant it.
Sharon is an Allied Member of ASID and AIA-CT, and a founding board member of Design Trust, Ltd. She is a graduate of Williams College, Western New England University College of Business, and Paier College of Art, and considers herself to be a lifelong learner.
SHARON MCCORMICK DESIGN provides their clientele with a variety of professional services, including the following:
- Interior space planning for new construction, renovation and redecoration projects
- 3D Rendering, AutoCAD drawings with detailed building plans and elevation details
- Technical coordination with architects, engineers and builders to develop interior spaces and create unique custom architectural details
- Interior architectural detailing and specifications, including cabinetry and custom millwork
- Material and fixture specifications (custom tile details, plumbing and lighting fixture specifications, custom wall, floor and ceiling finishes, etc).
- Custom interior decorating, including the curation and procurement of furniture, decorative pieces and custom window treatments
- Project scheduling, execution and management
- Specializing in kitchen and bathroom design