SHARON McCORMICK is the only interior designer in the U.S. with expertise in design, accounting, finance, and psychology. This unique combination of skills affords clients an experienced designer, well-versed in budgets, who leads clients to consensus in record time. The firm’s clients include Fortune 100 executives, attorneys, doctors, entrepreneurs and business professionals. Sharon’s results-driven style was honed in her prior career as a CFO and CPA.
As an award-winning interior design company, Sharon McCormick Design specializes in new construction consulting, renovations, additions, kitchens and baths as well as interior decorating. Sharon’s creativity, drive and never-say-never philosophy make her an outstanding space planner and problem-solver. Over the years, she has developed a predictable, professional design process to lead clients through projects without feeling overwhelmed.
Sharon is an avid learner who attends conferences and trade shows throughout the United States and Europe. She has developed a vast network of sources and craftsman and is able to provide clients exclusive products, vetted antiques, and custom designed furniture.
Clients have this to say about working with Sharon: “One of the best decisions and investments I have made”. “She knows how to move you to decision making.” “Incredibly creative and extremely professional”. “She has a vast knowledge of interior design and reputable products.” Sharon has a way of getting to know your style and incorporating that into your design.” “ I have received professionalism, trust and opulent quality.”
Sharon McCormick Design won the Greater Washington, D.C. Great American Living Awards in 2015 for “Design and Architecture” and “Interior Design”. She has been voted “Best Interior Designer” by the readers of Hartford Magazine. The firm’s projects have been published in numerous books, magazines, newspapers and online media both in the United States and abroad.
Sharon is an Allied Member of both the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and The American Institute of Architects. She is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist with a special interest in renovating and building for the long-term so that her clients are able to “thrive in place”. Sharon has a B.A. with a psychology major from Williams College, an MBA from Western New England College, and a Certificate in Interior Design from Paier College of Art.
SHARON MCCORMICK DESIGN provides their clientele with a variety of professional services, including the following:
- Interior space planning for new construction, renovation and redecoration projects
- 3D Rendering, AutoCAD drawings with detailed building plans and elevation details
- Technical coordination with architects, engineers and builders to develop interior spaces and create unique custom architectural details
- Interior architectural detailing and specifications, including cabinetry and custom millwork
- Material and fixture specifications (custom tile details, plumbing and lighting fixture specifications, custom wall, floor and ceiling finishes, etc).
- Custom interior decorating, including the curation and procurement of furniture, decorative pieces and custom window treatments
- Project scheduling, execution and management
- Specializing in kitchen and bathroom design